A consultation process was launched on 18 November by the Régie du bâtiment du Québec. In so doing, one attempts to simplify the applicable regulations, find the best balance between the accountability of all stakeholders, regulatory and administrative relief, and the quality of construction and public safety.
The Régie du bâtiment has the following goals in view:
• "improving the quality of construction and safety;
• consistency of regulations in construction and safety in Québec;
• accountability development of the stakeholders (developers, owners, contractors) regarding the quality of construction, more specifically by greater oversight of the works and a certificate of compliance with the current standards issued by a professional after construction;
• revision and streamlining of the validation mechanisms of the professional qualifications of contractors to take into account the size of the companies and the risk associated with the work they perform;
• improving consumer protection by expanding the warranty plan for new residential buildings to large residential buildings, renovation works and auto-construction;
• simplifying the sharing of responsibilities between the RBQ and the municipalities with respect to the enforcement of the construction and safety regulations."
The APQ has been invited to submit its comments and possible solutions to the Régie du bâtiment as soon as possible. As these changes will have an impact on owners of buildings, we invite you, on our part, to verify the consultation document at the following address: https://www.rbq.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/medias/pdf/Publications/francais/document-consultation.pdf, and to contact us to submit your ideas and opinions.
We welcome your comments and possible solutions to http://www.apq.org/contact.aspx
We thank you for your precious cooperation.